My experience so far (3 days) have been wonderful. I haven't fully yet been able to get used to the fact that I'm here as a permanent student. I came here knowing for a fact that I was going to concentrate on my studies and get involved with some clubs - and so far, I'm in the right track. I love my roommate, we have so many things in common, and nothing is overwhelming at all. Gee, I think she's actually just as cheery and as nice as I am! Getting in the process of meeting my hall mates (the people down the hall) and also hanging out in the 'living room'. Just came back from playing pool with the guys and watching tv with the girls. Something that really worries me now though is my relationship with Thomas. Like, since the middle of summer, it's not gone unnoticed that we're entirely too comfortable with each other. To the point where we, well, I - until the point where I just start to not take interest in certain things he says. We have always been super blunt with each other, and I have straight up told him during summer that "I miss the butterflies you used to give me, the surprises you used to present to me." I know that this is what a long relationship brings us, but really? We're not even married yet, why aren't we taking the effort to still show each other the same strong feelings that we have for one another. I'm still so young, I want to know that these are the years where I can feel great and that tingly cutesy feeling. I hate to admit it, but a lot of you probably thought right. That college does make things different. And no, I'm definitely not overwhelmed by new guys, no no. If anything, I'm far away from dating again. I actually don't know how all these long relationship find a way to me. It's just killing me, because I know I love this guy (Thomas, lol). But there's a point where everyone stops trying. My thoughts do get ahead of me a lot, but it's like our relationship is like a rope that is slowly losing it's strength - it's stretching further and we're trying to hold it together now (or I am, because I'm not sure that he knows I'm still feeling like this). But so far, we're definitely having the space to hang out with our new friends, and the time to have lunch/dinner with each other - which is great. It's a so close, but yet so far kind of thing going on. Overall, I really love this guy, we have a great friendship and regardless of whatever happens, I'm positive there's always going to be that special something. All I'm asking if for us to feel like we're falling in love again. Yes, AWWW. Haha. (We were walking together today, and I leaned onto his shoulder; immediately, I said, "Thomas, you smell like home." it was a good feeling.)
I know my parents super miss me, and I know my grandparents miss me even more. It's only been 4 days! I've been gone longer than this, but I know it's the whole realization that they're not going to see me until December! I called home today. Well first, I called mom then hung up, because I wanted to talk to her when I got to my room. But she called me back and left me a voicemail. Somewhere in that voicemail, I heard, "What's wrong?" in her concerned mother voice and it made me want to tear up so badly. Anyway, I called her back so she wouldn't worry. When I got to my room, I called home right away. My grandpa didn't know who was calling at first, so he gave it to my grandma. Once she heard me voice, you can just tell that she was excited! I think she's actually got a couple things packaged and heading my way, lol.
I have to get to writing my letters, soon :) to the family and bff.
No comments:
Post a Comment